September 17, 2013

Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Fall 2013 TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the bloggers of  The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing the books that have made it to the top of our Fall 2013 TBR piles.

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill — I won an ARC from a contest hosted by Literary Rambles, so, really, I have no excuse not to find time to read this one. Time travel is a tricky subject, but I've heard wonderful things about this debut and am looking forward to reading it!
Allegiant by Veronica Roth  Because of course I need to see how this series ends! Divergent and Insurgent were fun, action-packed reads and although the revelation made at the end of Insurgent isn't exactly surprising, I still am curious to see where Roth goes with it.
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake — Greek mythology brought to life in modern times? Count me in! Cassandra is also one of my favorite characters in all of Greek mythology, so I'm interested to see Blake's interpretation of her as an everyday teen.
Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross  I just got this one out of the library the other day. For some reason it hasn't seemed to receive much hype (at least, not as far as I've noticed). But it's historical fiction about lower-class women who were forced to act as foils to make upper-class women seem prettier. I'm always up for a discussion on beauty.
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon — Even skeptical as I am about the J.K. Rowling comparisons that have been made, I'm not one to sit back and not support a fantasy genre book that's actually entered the mainstream book scene. And this sounds very, very interesting.
Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst — This book sounds a little creepier than what I usually tend to read. But this is Sarah Beth Durst here, so I'm willing to try out her latest book. Creepy carnival, serial killer, and amnesiac narrator, here I come!
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell  Confession: I still haven't read any Rowell. Crazy, I know. But even since I saw the synopsis of this book, I knew that I couldn't start my relationship with her writing at any other point. It sounds like so much fun and so relatable.
Mistb
orn by Brandon Sanderson  I'm planning to see Brandon Sanderson in early October, so of course I actually do need to read something of his before doing so. I've heard fantastic things about the beginning of his epic fantasy trilogy, so it's high time that I actually pick it up.
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein  Unlike many reviewers, I don't really feel intimidated by this book. I trust Elizabeth Wein and am ready to have my emotions toyed with again. Also, I think it's awesome that this book focuses on an American pilot. 
Shadows by Robin McKinley — I love the Robin McKinley books that I've read, but I'm pretty sure I've only read a small fraction of all her published works. Shadows sounds a bit like her Sunshine, which I enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to reading her fall release (and hopefully a few of her other books relatively soon as well).


Please be sure to let me know what books you plan on reading this fall!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes to most of your list! All our yesterdays: heard epic things about it. Allegiant: I can't wait to see how it all ends. Antigoddess: love mythology. The bone season: sounds SO good. Conjured: really like the concept. Fangirl: too cute :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Our Yesterdays is absolutely brilliant!! I also just have to read The Bone Season and Antigoddess too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I pretty much want to read all of these. I'm reading Conjured right now and it's interesting, I just started so I don't have a solid opinion yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard REALLY good things about Belle Epoque! I hope you enjoy it. I'm totally with you on Fangirl and Rose Under Fire. I hope they're as good as all the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved All Our Yesterdays, The Bone Season, Fangirl, and Rose Under Fire, so I hope you enjoy those, Amanda. Also, I can't wait for Allegiant - I need to know what happens! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished Fangirl and like it a lot. All OUr Yesterdays sounds very good too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many of the books on this list are ones I want to read as well. Belle Epoque, Fangirl, Rose Under Fire, Conjured...but especially Shadows. I love Robin McKinley. It's a such a good season for books, I regret the need to work and sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, nice list! I loved Fangirl, and I also have Rose Under Fire and Shadows on my list! Plus, I really should have included The Bone Season (just got a copy & can't wait to read it!). Belle Epoque sounds really interesting, and I've always meant to read Mistborn. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun reading this fall!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. All Our Yesterdays is very good (don't worry, the time travel is handled well) and I hope you enjoy it. I'd like to read Fangirl and The Bone Season too.

    Here's my TTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHMAHGOODNESS, you have so many amazing books on your TBR. Fangirl and Mistborn are two of my favorites of all time, and I also really enjoyed Antigoddess and Rose Under Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I trust Elizabeth Wein and am ready to have my emotions toyed with again."

    HAHAHA love that line. Hope you enjoy reading Rose Under Fire! I read it as soon as I had a copy. Have you read her Lion Hunters series? It's not as well-known as her recent two novels so I'm trying to get more readers to pick it up.

    Fangirl and Shadows are also in my list. I've only read Attachments but I also have a copy of Eleanor and Park. And I've read most of Robin McKinley's books. :)

    Mistborn is also in my TBR pile! I keep meaning to try more of Brandon Sanderson's books since I enjoyed Elantris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left Allegiant and Rose Under Fire off my list, but that's just because I obviously wasn't thinking clearly! I do 100% agree on Fangirl and The Bone Season though and managed to put those on my Fall TBR. I'm kind of scared about The Bone Season, but we shall see! I'm also curious about Belle Epoque so I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.