June 3, 2014

Top Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're discussing the top ten books that will be put into our beach bags.

For me, beach bag = light reading. And light reading = contemporary (most of the time). So my picks here are all works of contemporary fiction that I've been meaning to read. There may be no ocean here in Wisconsin (still not happy about that), but I can try to read these books by lakes or on patios, I suppose.


The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Past Perfect by Leila Sales
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes


Okay, I cheated and listed twelve books instead. But these are all YA contemporaries that I'd love to take the time to read - hopefully this summer!

Any suggestions as to which of these books I should tackle first?
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

11 comments:

  1. The Truth About Forever and the The Boyfriend List are both great beach reads! I want to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before and A Midsummer's Nightmare this summer.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE first! Morgan Matson is a genius, and this novel does NOT disappoint at all. You'll love it, Amanda! Perfect list this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow Wisconsin resident, I understand what you mean by No Oceans. My best summer time reading place is, Patio. (; The Boy Friend List, Saving Francesca,Love and other perishable objects are great summer reads. I've picked out, To all the boys I've Loved Before, Since you've been gone and Open Road Summer to read this summer. Wonderful and perfect picks for a great summer, Amanda!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few of these that I'm excited to read myself, especially Since You've Been Gone, The Boyfriend List, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic bunch of summer reads! Love And Other Perishable Objects looks super cute, I need to read that too. The Boyfriend List is a lot of fun and I have got to read Past Perfect because I LOVED This Song Will Save Your Life. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these since I don't read many contemporaries, but I'm kind of interested in Open Road Summer, with the buzz around it and the fact that it involves Nashville. Hope you make it to the beach this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH, so many favorites on here! I fell in love with both The Art of Lainey and What I Thought Was True this year, but The Boyfriend List, Past Perfect, The Truth About Forever, and Buzo's novel are all old favorites I can't get enough of. Saving Francesca is my absolute favorite Marchetta novel (not a popular opinion, but I adore it to pieces), so I hope you fall in love with that one as well. Fantastic list, Amanda!(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm LOVING contemporary realistic fiction right-- adding a bunch of these to my list!

    Here's my TTT for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mention of Saving Francesca. IMO, Melina Marchetta can be read anywhere at any time. :D The Art of Lainey and Since You've Been Gone are books I hope to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Open road summer & Since you've been gone seem to be very popular at the moment. I need to check them out :) I also want to read The art of Lainey. I really like the idea of using war techniques, haha. Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, SO many great picks on here! I adore Saving Francesca - I think I've read it three times at least. Marchetta is, as always, fantastic. The story is a little heavier at times, but the overall experience is just such a joy.

    Past Perfect is absolutely adorable! The setting, the characters, the dialogue - I had so much fun reading it. I really wish it had a better cover because it really doesn't do the book justice.

    Open Road Summer is in my top four books I've read this year, which I did not anticipate at all. I loved pretty much everything about that book, so I definitely vote that you read that one this summer.

    The Boyfriend List is really fun! I binge read the Ruby Oliver books a year or two ago, and they made me fall in love with Lockhart.

    And I just recently read Since You've Been Gone and To All the Boys I've Loved Before! I knew I'd love Matson's book, but I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed Han's. It was my first book by her, and I am excited to review it soon. Both would be great summer books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.