June 10, 2014

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are sharing our favorite books read so far in 2014.

As I don't want to end up listing a full one-quarter of the books I've read thus far just to make the ten-book quota, I only chose those books that have merited 5 or 4.5 stars from me.


All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry [my review]
Something Real by Heather Demetrios [my review]
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch [my review]
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta [my review]
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta [my review]
Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer [my review]


Obviously, I highly recommend each and every one of these books.

Read any of these? Feel the same way? Let me know in the comments!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, and I need to get to reading The Lies of Locke Lamora. Pronto! I'm glad you had so many enjoyable reads so far this year! :D Great list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to The Lies of Locke Lamora, Froi of the Exiles and Quintana of Charyn! All fantastic books! I have The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender checked out from the library right now...I just couldn't resist that gorgeous cover.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Froi and Quintana. I was a big fan of Something Real too! I can't wait to read the author's upcoming jinni book. And I've heard SO much about Locke Lamora. I think I finally need to give it a try this year. :) Great list, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I'm really dying to get around to Scott Lynch's series soon. Want to try to finish the Game of Thrones first before diving into another high fantasy series though. :) Something Real is coming up soon! Thought it would be a good summer read and... well, summer is here. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know, I love Marchetta, Palmer, and Berry's books and am really looking forward to reading the other three titles you have up -- so glad they made your favorites list as I'm counting on them to come through for me as potential favorites as well. Lovely list, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had The Lies of Locke Lamora on my TBR list for years, it looks great. I need to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marchetta, is one of my favorite authors. The Lumatere Chronicles is my all time favorite. I have heard nothing but good things about The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, I'm yet to read it. The Lies of Locke Lamora is an amazing fantasy novel. Fantastic list, Amanda (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.