May 31, 2014

The Monthly Digest: May 2014

Welcome back to The Monthly Digest here at Late Nights with Good Books. With these posts I hope to recap everything reading- and blogging-related for the past month.
 

The Books 
May Reads

Favorite Read from May:
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

Notable Quote from May:
"Our bodies aren't strangers,: he said, his voice ragged. "Our spirits aren't strangers." He held her face in his hands. "Tell me what part of me is stranger to you and I'll destroy that part of me."
And she wept to hear his words.
Melina Marchetta, Quintana of Charyn

The Writing
Nothing to report, but I did finally order a new computer, which will hopefully be arriving next week! And when it does come, I have tons of writing plans (and some blogging ones as well).

How was your May?
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you read some fantastic books this May! I love both Unsticky and Quintana very dearly--especially that quote!--but I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the newer titles you picked up. Wonderful recap, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't decided if I'll read Quintana since I wasn't exactly a fan of Froi, but some of these other reads look interesting! You read a lot this month! That's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.