May 19, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0: The Finish Line

Has a week already passed? This was definitely the fastest week I've had in quite some time. Fast mostly because it was just really, really busy.


Books read:
Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard
And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard
Something Real by Heather Demetrios

Number of pages read: 807

So I didn't quite accomplish my goals. I did not read four books - I didn't even get through three complete books. I didn't participate in any Twitter chats or challenges or interact with any other bloggers.

But I refuse to see this as a failure. Because you know what? Going to a Brewers game this week (which they won) and hanging out with my family and boyfriend for my brother's graduation this past weekend were more than worth it.

So no complaints here.

Well, one: I should have borrowed an audiobook from the library. The amount of driving I did this week would have enabled me to read an audiobook (or at least the majority of one). Poor planning on that end, I suppose. But now I know for next time!

If you were also a participant, please let me know how you fared!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely don't consider reading almost three books a failure either! That's impressive! I'm glad you participated in Bout of Books, and I only wish I could have too. It just was not good timing for me, but there's always next year! Congrats on doing so well, and I look forward to reading your book reviews for these. I have not heard of any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cort! And I will definitely be suggesting you give Something Real a try. And possibly And We Stay. I could see you enjoying that one, I think. Well, see what you think based on my reviews. :)

      Delete
  2. The number of book doesn't matter, you made an effort to read 3 books with your tight schedule. That's great. I really missed Brewers, hope you had a good time with your family. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, thanks Ini! Apparently, though, I saw the Brewers just in time. Looks like they're no longer on a winning streak haha. And I did have a good time with my family, so that was nice.

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Amanda! I think it's amazing that you were able to challenge yourself, particularly during a full work-week, so you should definitely be brought of how much you read. Plus, I am dying to hear about Something Real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keertana! I really loved Something Real. Still have to write my review, but hopefully I can post it soon. Highly recommend it. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.