May 15, 2013

Waiting on Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights any upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Publication Date: September 10, 2013
While flying an Allied fighter plane from Paris to England, American ATA pilot and amateur poet, Rose Justice, is captured by the Nazis and sent to Ravensbrück, the notorious women's concentration camp. Trapped in horrific circumstances, Rose finds hope in the impossible through the loyalty, bravery and friendship of her fellow prisoners. But will that be enough to endure the fate that’s in store for her?

Elizabeth Wein, author of the critically-acclaimed and best-selling Code Name Verity, delivers another stunning WWII thriller. The unforgettable story of Rose Justice is forged from heart-wrenching courage, resolve, and the slim, bright chance of survival. (Goodreads)

I absolutely adored Code Name Verity (my review) and couldn't be more excited that Wein is writing another book highlighting the roles that women played in World War II. Although if Rose Under Fire is anything like Code Name Verity, it'll be a difficult read. Difficult, but so worth it. 

What are you waiting on? 


Edit: Apparently this is the Canadian cover. The U.S. cover was just revealed and is quite different, unfortunately.
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this one too. I love all the research she puts into her stories!

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, it's coming out in 18 days in UK! 18!! And the cover is much prettier, not so generic. I already pre-ordered my copy and now I just have to be patient, just for a little while longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Code Name Verity got so many great reviews from my friends but sadly I found the pilot stuff a little overwhelming for me. I did still think the story was beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we were Waiting on Wednesday twins! I always try to find the person (or people) who pick the same book as me.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Hopefully we'll both enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to this one as well. Code Name Verity was great, even though I didn't love it as unconditionally as most people. But I'll definitely be picking this one up.
    As covers go, from the ones I found on the internet, this one is my favorite:
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17907041-rose-under-fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesss, can't wait for this (as heartbreaking as it will likely be). I definitely prefer the Canadian cover, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.