December 17, 2013

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're discussing the top ten authors we've discovered this past year, both recently published and not. 
 
Historical Fiction  
Cat Winters    
Read my 5-star review of In the Shadow of Blackbirds  
Hannah Kent  
My 4.5-star review of Burial Rites will be posted in January  
Elizabeth Ross    
Read my 4.5-star review of Belle Epoque

Contemporary

Catherine Gilbert Murdock  
 
Read my 4.5-star review of Dairy Queen, my 4-star review of The Off Season, and my 4-star review of Front and Center  
Sara Zarr    
Read my 4.5-star review of How to Save a Life  
Jandy Nelson    
Read my 5-star review of The Sky is Everywhere

Speculative Fiction  
Erin Bow    
Read my 4.5-star review of Sorrow's Knot  
Kasie West    
Read my 4-star review of Pivot Point
Cristin Terrill  
 
Read my 4.5-star review of All Our Yesterdays
 
Plenty of great authors were left off this list, but that's the nature of making lists and being forced to limit oneself. I wanted to keep my genre classifications and author picks equal, so I'm stopping at nine.

Please let me know what new-to-you authors top your list!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

7 comments:

  1. I have a feeling Kasie West is going to make a lot of lists today. She certainly made mine. I still need to finish All Our Yesterdays. I got about half-way through and then put it aside for some reason. I really want to read Belle Epoque it looks intriguing. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great choices! I still can't believe I left Kasie West off my list. And Jandy Nelson is great. I read her first in 2012, but I'm so excited for a new book from her in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristin Terrill made my list too :) her book absolutely blew me away. I really enjoyed Pivot Point by Kasie West too though she didn't quite make my list!


    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you discovered Sara Zarr this year. She's one of my favorite authors. I also discovered Cat Winters this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine Gilbert Murdoch was definitely an author whose series I enjoyed reading last year, so I'm glad to see that she made it to your list Amanda, along with Cristin Terrill, her debut book simply blew me away! I definitely need to pick up books by Kasie West and Cat Winters soon! Brilliant list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Hannah Kent, and soon…..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read Roomies, which really makes me want to try more by Sara Zarr! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.