December 31, 2013

Top Ten Books I Read In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing the top books we've each read in 2013.

For the sake of simplicity, I decided to go with some of the books I rated most highly according to Goodreads. There's a mix of standalones and series, debuts and works by previously published authors. All of them, however, impressed me very much.



Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (My review)
Wanderlove by Kristin Hubbard (My review)
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (My review will be published in January)
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (My review)
Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross (My review)
Between Shades of Gray by Rita Sepetys (My review)
Poison Study by Maria Snyder (My review)

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (My review will be published in January) 
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (My review)
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters (My review)



Please let me know what are some of the top books that you've read this past year!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

7 comments:

  1. Between Shades of Gray and Wanderlove where on my 2013 TBR but I never got to them. Hopefully for 2014! The Sky is Everywhere was one of my favorites of 2012 and I loved Rose Under Fire this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm THRILLED to see Burial Rites on your list. I absolutely adored that book and have been dying for more bloggers to read it. I also loved The Sky Is Everywhere and Between Shades of Gray, both of which I read last year. I've been curious about Belle Epoque - glad to hear it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of the books on your list. *guilty face* I will go look them up, after which I'll have no doubt added most of them to my to-read list!

    Happy new year.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved so many of these books too! Rose Under Fire, Burial Rites, Days of Blood and Starlight. Actually, the only books here that don't make my own favourites are those that I haven't read! I plan to give both Belle Epoque and Between Shades of Grey a try sometime later this month. :) I've heard nothing by great things. Wanderlove is another one I hope to pick up. Great picks, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the ones on your list I have read I absolutely LOVED, so I really need to read the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Siege and Storm was amazing! Can't wait for Ruin and Rising! Heard lots of good things about Burial Rites too, I really hope I get an opportunity to read it this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to hopefully get around to Wanderlove this year as I haven't heard a single bad thing about it. Hope to also get around to Days of Blood and Starlight too! Great bunch of books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.