December 10, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Winter 2013/2014 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing the books that have made it to the top of our Winter 2013/2014 TBR piles. 
 
New & Upcoming Winter Releases:
Roomies by Tara Altebrando & Sara Zarr — More Sara Zarr, please! Also, I have hopes that this will be the sort of college story that I expected (and didn't receive) in Fangirl. 
World After by Susan Ee — This is loaded on my Kindle and ready to be read. I'm interested to see whether we start getting any answers to the many uncertainties that Ee poses in her post-apocalyptic world in Angelfall.

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge — Never will I ever not want to read a retelling of "Beauty and the Beast." Seriously.
Enders by Lissa Price  I received an eARC from the publicist. I reviewed the first book in this duology, Starters, back in the early days of this blog and enjoyed it well enough.
These Broken Stars by Megan Spooner & Amie Kaufman  I don't love that this is being marketed as "Titanic in space," but the hype and the fact that this has gotten rave reviews makes me excited to read this. 

 
Owned Older Reads:
Everneath by Brodi Ashton — This YA trilogy ends in January. High time, then, to read the first two books (which are patiently waiting on my Kindle).
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey — I received this book last April but have been waiting for perfect cold, snowy weather to accompany my reading of this one.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch  I miss my adult high fantasies, and I haven't read a chunkster in a while now (talking over a year now). Not acceptable. This will happen.
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor  Since the trilogy concludes in April, I want to give myself a bit of time to read and process the second book before then.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente  As my inaugural pick for Ready to Become a Fan of..., of course I need to spend some quality time reading this one (and its sequels)! 
 
Please be sure to let me know what books you plan on reading this winter!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

13 comments:

  1. So many great choices here! You will adore Cruel Beauty. It is so, so good! Written really beautifully too. Ditto on Enders, Starters was great so looking forward to reading that one.

    My Top Ten Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cruel Beauty has been on everyone's list! You will LOVE Fairyland and Days of Blood and Starlight -- two of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days of Blood and Starlight, Everneath, World After, Cruel Beauty, and These Broken Stars are all books I've enjoyed immensely. I really hope you enjoy them too. I plan to read The Lies of Locke Lamora someday when I finally find the time, though Roomies is definitely coming up on my Winter TBR since I just received an ARC of it earlier today. Fantastic list, Amanda - I hope you get to all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Days of Blood and Starlight was heartbreaking and amazing and left me desperate for the next book. April can't come soon enough! Thanks for reminding me of Roomies! Just put myself on hold for it. Enjoy your winter reads! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1JI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, nice list! THESE BROKEN STARS was great YA sci-fi, and THE GIRL WHO CIRCUMNAVIGATED FAIRYLAND is an all-time favorite (like a cup of cocoa, in book form!). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to read Everneath as well. I've kind of been ignoring that series because I wasn't sure about it, but everyone is losing it over Evertrue so I'm excited about, too! Gotta love the hype monster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a brilliant list of books to read this Winter! I loved Roomies, it came at the right time that I needed it, so really hope that you enjoy it! I also need to read Everneath soon too, I can't believe the final book is going be out so soon! I hope you enjoy all your reads Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Roomies two days ago, and thought it was great! You've got some great choices on your list. The Snow Child is a perfect choice for winter reading. Enjoy!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roomies is really great... though it's the summer before college but deals with a lot of pre-college feelings? Eee, I hope it's what you are looking for or even if it isn't, makes you think a lot. It did that for me.

    BROKEN STARS I NEED THIS BOOK. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you love These Broken Stars, I thought it was such a great book. Cruel Beauty is one that I really want to read myself, it looks really great. Great list! I hope you get to read them all. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOH so many exciting books on your list!!! Roomies was sooo good. I can't wait to read These Broken Stars! I've heard so many good things about it! And I also plan on reading Cruel Beauty and Days of Blood and Starlight SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently finished Roomies. I like it, but was expecting it to be fluffier for some reason. I've been slowly reading These Broken Stars, but hope to finish it now that I have more time. I can't wait to read Cruel Beauty and need to pick up The Girl Who Navigated. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.