March 24, 2015

Top Ten Childhood Books to Revisit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing the top ten books from our childhoods that we'd love to revisit. 

I had a lot of fun digging through the boxes of books we keep in the basement. Seeing old favorites brings up so many happy memories. I was introduced to the ten books below when I was in elementary school (or maybe in early middle school). 

I'm not sure when I'll have time to read them, but it's comforting knowing that they'll be waiting for me whenever I have the chance to crack open their spines once more.


The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Voyage of the Basset by James C. Christensen
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer
Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Did you read any of these during your childhood?


author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

2 comments:

  1. Such good books! I didn't read Caddie Woodlawn until I was an adult, but thought it was great! Misty of Chincoteague, the Little House books, A Wrinkle in Time, and E. B. White books were all favorites of mine. I really do hope to re-read at least some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES^^ The Secret Garden made my list too! I've actually already reread it as an adult, a few years ago BUT I'd love to reread it again :) I've never read A Wrinkle in Time though but it's on my tbr shelf. Awesome picks, here's my TTT post this week!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.