March 15, 2015

Showcase Sunday #23

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

This is a slightly belated haul of all my February books.


Received:
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss
This was my Valentine's Day present from my boyfriend (which I not-so-subtly suggested would make a good gift). I really enjoyed The Name of the Wind and this is his new favorite series so I'm looking forward to reading/discussing it with him. 
Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2) by Rachel Hartman
Many thanks to Random House Children's and Netgalley! I freaking loved Seraphina and cannot wait to continue this series.
How to be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis
Anniversary gift from my boyfriend! I like the idea of memoir nonfiction related to classical literature. But before reading this, I need to first read a few of the novels it mentions (Anne of Green Gables, Franny and Zooey, A Room with a 
View, Valley of the Dolls, Cold Comfort Farm...)


Borrowed:
A Step from Heaven by An Na
Read for my YA lit class.
Forever... by Judy Blume
Read for my YA lit class.
Absolutely, Positively Not by David LaRochelle
Read for my YA lit class.
Monster by Walter Dean Myers
Read for my YA lit class.
Hole in My Life by Jack Gantos
Read for my YA lit class.
The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2) by Laura Florand
Reading so much YA recently has made me crave adult books. I had wanted this for Valentine's Day but the hold didn't come in until the end of February, unfortunately. Reading this one now (and so, so needing to visit some fancy bakeries).
The First Part Last (Heaven, #2) by Angela Johnston
Read for my YA lit class.
Make Lemonade (Make Lemonade, #1) by Virginia Wolff
Read for my YA lit class.
Poisoned Apples by Christine Heppermann
Feminist, modern day fairy-tale retellings told in verse. How could I refuse?

What books have you recently acquired?
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

2 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to start that Laura Florand series. Been in the mood for something light and fluffy so I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it! :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see what you make of Shadow Scale and The Chocolate Kiss--both books I enjoyed but didn't LOVE--and I'm also really excited for you to read The Wise Man's Fear. I haven't read it yet myself but I desperately want to so I hope you adore it! Wonderful haul, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.