January 2, 2015

The Monthly Digest: November & December 2014

Welcome back to The Monthly Digest here at Late Nights with Good Books. With these posts I hope to recap everything reading- and blogging-related for the past month.

The Books
Favorite Reads from November & December:
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Notable Quotes from November & December:
People die, I think, but your relationship with them doesn't. It continues and is ever-changing.
―Jandy Nelson, I'll Give You the Sun

Fear creates the strongest illusions. Everyone has darkness inside them, however hidden.
―Marie Lu, The Young Elites
 
“Memory is a tricky thing, Sophia,” he had said to her. “It doesn’t just recall the past, it makes the past. If you remember our trip as a few minutes, it will be a few minutes. If you make it something else, it will be something else.”
―S.E. Grove, The Glass Sentence
November & December Features:

In My Life
I ended up with another unintentional blog hiatus in November and half of December. Although these past two months were great in terms of reading, I just had no time or desire to write reviews or schedule posts. It was unfortunate, as I had some blogging plans, including participation in Sci-Fi November. Oh well.

Reading was basically my main way to relieve stress as I worked to complete final papers and projects for my classes. Not only did I read a great variety of books in terms of audience, genre, and format, but I just had two pretty good months of reading choices in general. I didn't really dislike anything shown here, so yay! Always a good thing when that happens.

This month I'm planning on catching up on reviews and reading a lot before I get busy once more with my classes. Also! I have tentative plans to attend ALA Midwinter in Chicago where I can represent myself both as an aspiring librarian and a book blogger. So I'm really excited for that. Here's hoping that January is both restful and very much book-focused.

How were your November and December?
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, ALA sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you get a chance to go and happy new year, Amanda--looking forward to reading more of your reviews in 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you had a busy past few months as well! Well I hope you've had a relaxing holiday at least and I'm glad to hear you had a good few months of reading. Here's to great reading in 2015! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.