December 16, 2014

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing the top books we've each read in 2014.

All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry (My review)
Something Real by Heather Demetrios (My review)
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth (My review is upcoming)
The Young Elites by Marie Lu (My review is upcoming)
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (My review)
Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta (My review)
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (My review is upcoming)
Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer (My review)

Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (My review)
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (My review)


Five of these have fantasy elements (six if you count the magical realism elements of I'll Give You the Sun). Four are historical fiction. Three are contemporary. Not bad. Obviously I still have a preference for fantasy, but I'm working on diversification!

Please let me know what are some of your top books for this past year!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

3 comments:

  1. The only one from your list that I've read is Nowhere But Home and I wholeheartedly agree that it is incredible. It was one of my top favorites last year (: In fact, Liza Palmer has become one of my auto-read authors. I love that her titles are all different enough that she isn't formulaic but I pretty much know that I will at least LIKE, if not love, her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of these I loved, Amanda! All the Truth That's In Me, Something Real, Quintana, I'll Give You The Sun and Nowhere But Home are favorites of mine. For sure put Girl Before A Mirror on your list for next year!! I'm excited to see The Young Elites on your list - I've yet to pick that up but want to - and Bitter Greens is also on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these but Something Real and Bitter Greens are on my for sure reads in 2015. Just gotta make time for them. :) Will have to check out your other picks too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.