I'm a little late to this, but better late than never, right?
The Summer Series challenge is hosted by the lovely ladies Lauren (Love is Not a Triangle), Heather (The Flyleaf Review), and Asheley (Into the Hall of Books). The information below is taken from Lauren's explanatory post.
Summer Series Challenge Objectives:
1. Complete finished series that you've started but have yet to go back to.
2. Read a finished* series in its entirety.
Summer Series Challenge Rules:
- The Summer Series Challenge begins June 1 and runs through August 31. Books must be read or listened to within that time. We will count audiobooks.
- Anyone can join the challenge, but you need to have some place that you can publish reviews in English – blog, Goodreads, Amazon etc. - for your reading to be counted towards the giveaways.
- Although there are no genre restrictions on the books you choose, they have to be part of a series. That means no standalones.
- Companion books in a series will be counted. For instance Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry series or Miranda Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series are fine.
- The purpose of this challenge is to encourage readers to finish completed series. That means the series you choose need to be fully published. You cannot count debut series that only have one book released.*
At first I wasn't sure whether I wanted to devote my entire summer to series, but this challenge is flexible enough that that isn't really an issue. I'll still read a mix of series and standalones this summer, but this challenge will help give me some encouragement to start and finish some series I've been planning on reading for a while!
Series to Finish:
Anna by Kendare Blake
- Read: Anna Dressed in Blood (my review)
- To Read: Girl of Nightmares
- Read: Unearthly (my review coming this Sunday)
- To Read: Hallowed, Boundless
- Read: Sloppy Firsts (my review), Second Helpings (my review)
- To Read: Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, Perfect Fifths
Full series to read:
Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
- Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn
- Dairy Queen, The Off Season, Front and Center
These are more potential goals than anything else, really: other series may come up, I may lose interest in certain series, I just may not get around to actually finishing series. But I'm okay with that. I just want to have the opportunity to read a lot of books for me this summer, series or otherwise!
If you're interested in participating in the Summer Series Challenge, you can find out more information here.