April 7, 2013

Showcase Sunday #1

I'm changing things up a little and trying out the Showcase Sunday this week. Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. 

Won:
Splintered by A.G. Howard

I won a 2013 debut novel for being a participant in and newsletter-subscriber to the Debut Author Challenge. Splintered has gotten primarily positive reviews and it's inspired by Alice in Wonderland so of course I can't wait to read it! Thank you so much to Tara from Hobbitsies and all the rest of the people involved in the Debut Author Challenge!
Along with Splintered, I received a copy of
The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2) by Rae Carson
What?? I was totally not expecting this AT ALL, but it made my day so much better to open a package and find it! I loved The Girl of Fire and Thorns and have been waiting to read the sequel for a while now. Thanks so much, Tara! :) So far participating in DAC has been awesome - now on to read some actual 2013 debuts.


Purchased:
Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young

I should really impose an embargo on Kindle books: I now have so many on my Kindle that I have yet to read, along with tons of physical books and library books. BUT I've heard so many interesting things about this book (and series) and I like that it has elicited so many mixed reviews. I think I won't mind the dialect, but I'll have to make sure I'm in the right mood for it.

Borrowed:
Poison by Bridget Zinn
I've had Poison on my radar for a while now. I mean, the cover is gorgeous and the premise sounds fantastic. I recently read it, while it is not quite what I was expecting, it's still a fun, lighthearted book and I'm sad that Zinn will not be able to continue Kyra's story. My review.

Please let me know what you've received recently!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

6 comments:

  1. I loved both Blood Red Road AND Crown of Embers, so you're in for a treat! I hope you enjoy them, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, Keertana! I definitely plan on reading both of them soon!

      Delete
  2. great books. I love the Splintered cover. Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a gorgeous cover. Just hoping the contents match the outside. :) Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.