July 31, 2012

One Fan's Appreciation

Happy Birthday, Harry James Potter! Happy Birthday, J.K. Rowling!

I just wanted to give a shout-out to the protagonist of one of my favorite book series ever, as well as the author who has been one of my biggest inspirations.

“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” 

Words cannot express how much the Harry Potter series have meant to me over the years, or how profoundly my life has been affected by the books. From Hermione I learned the importance of sticking up for your beliefs and how intelligence can be such a strength. From Ron I learned about loyalty and the power of friendship. From Harry I learned to treasure family, the power of love, the importance of sacrifice, and how to live a life full of good morals.

Although Harry's wizarding world may not be real, it's given me a better understanding of our own world, how important each and every person's life is, and how our decisions will always have bigger implications. There may be problems in his world, just as there are in ours, but there's also always hope.
 
“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”  

Thank you, J.K. Rowling. If I can ever affect anyone as the Harry Potter series have affected me and so many others, I should consider my life to be well-spent.

author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.