May 5, 2012

Welcome!

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I absolutely adore reading books. Always have, always will. Once I first learned how to read, I was hooked. The books I enjoy to read have changed over the years, but I still find myself unable to sleep at night without first reading at least twenty pages of a novel (hence I have spent many late nights with some fantastic books).

I've enjoyed writing for nearly as long as I've enjoyed reading. Up until recently, however, I never really combined those interests outside of academia. I would read to get inspiration, to figure out what I thought worked and didn't work in others' writing, to help me create my own stories. Most, if not all, reflection of the books I read was internal.

But it can be hard for me to find time to write creatively. Once I discovered the existence of goodreads, and, later, book blogs, I realized that I could find time to write on a regular basis, even if it was only to review another's work. Writing regularly about anything can only strengthen my own writing, and my hope is that writing reviews about others' works will give me the boost to work more consistently on my own writing.

If this blog can inspire me to read more, think critically about books and writing, and write more myself, then that's all I need to be satisfied. I look forward to becoming part of the dynamic book blogging community!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.