August 1, 2014

ARC August Sign-Up

I don't request many ARCs, so for the most part I don't even consider participating in any ARC reading events. Within the past few months, however, I was a little less restrained with my ARC requests, and I've reached the point where this is the most amount of unread ARCs I've had at one time...ever.

Luckily, I found out about the ARC August event hosted by Octavia of Read.Sleep.Repeat and decided this challenge - and some public accountability for ARC reading - was just what I needed. 

I've compiled a list of all my unread ARCs and potential reading choices over this month.

May ARC:
Plus One by Elizabeth Fama

 August ARC (sort of):
Crushed by Eliza Crewe

September ARCs:
Egg and Spoon by Gregory Macguire
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
Firebug by Lish McBride
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

October ARC:
The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters

My plan is to read at least three ARCs this month. I'm probably going to focus on my September ARCs, but we'll see how it goes.

August is shaping up to be a busy month for me. There are some major life changes in store for me and over Labor Day weekend I get to attend a good friend's wedding. Plus Sarah J. Maas, Susan Dennard, and Erica O'Rourke will be having a signing in the Chicago area in early September that I'm going to make every effort to attend - but first I feel like I should read some of their books!

These fall ARCs need to be read, so hopefully this challenge will encourage me to prioritize them in the upcoming month. 

Wish me luck!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a busy month of reading ahead of you! I wish I could participate but I probably won't start most of my September ARC's until actual September except for maybe one. I wish you the best of luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could participate, but I understand.
      Thank you, Cort!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Plus One and I can't wait to read A Cure for Dreaming--I need to get to my ARC too! I just realized that an ARC I have is being published this Tuesday so I need to read and review that ASAP since I got it specifically from the publisher--oops! Sometimes staying on top of ARCs is just so hard so I'll have to start organizing mine the way you do instead of sticking merely to mood-related reads. Good luck, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well I'm sure as long as you post your review soon, the publisher will understand. This is a hobby for us, after all.
      I'm going to try not to burn out on ARCs here by having non-ARC reads that I can rotate in to fit specific moods. So far I've read a library book, an ARC, a borrowed book, then probably will go back to an ARC. It seems to be working. Thank you, Keertana!

      Delete
  3. I don't request too many ARCs either. I'm too busy trying to play catch-up with the awesome YA books of 2013. Ha! I do have 2 ARCs that I need to read this month though: In a Handful of Dust and Rites of Passage. I'm confident I can read and review them early. :) I wish I had the guts to request A Cure for Dreaming, but I seem to get rejected on NetGalley constantly. So, I mostly just stick to Edelweiss these days. I've been pretty good about providing feedback there. Then again, I've only been approved for 7 titles -- 2 of which, I submitted reviews for, and I missed one earlier this year (Oops!). I have to submit 2 reviews for September and 1 for October. I might do a little more requesting once I've submitted the 2 of Sept. We'll see. Anyway, I've made this way too lengthy. Good luck, Amanda! You can conquer this! :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly the same way as you. And I actually prefer finished copies. But every once in a while the urge strikes me to request ARCs. I haven't used Edelweiss yet! It's confusing to me haha. I do get rejected on Netgalley quite a bit, but I've stopped caring. It's not a personal rejection, and I can always read the book at a later date if I really want to, you know?
      And no worries - I love lengthy replies. They make me happy to read. :)
      And thank you, Marlene!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.