January 14, 2014

Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're discussing some of the top 2014 debuts we're excited for. My list definitely features more releases for the first half of the year, but I'm sure that as the year continues I'll find many more debuts to be excited about.



A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller (Publication date: January 23, 2014)
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (Publication date: January 28, 2014)
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (Publication date: March 25, 2014)
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaria (Publication date: April 1, 2014)
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen (Publication date: April 1, 2014)



Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (Publication date: April 22, 2014)
The Falconer by Elizabeth May (Publication date: May 6, 2014)
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburn (Publication date: July 8, 2014)
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Publication date: September 2014)
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (Publication date: October 2014)

No additional commentary today. Many I've already discussed quite a few times, and, for those I haven't yet, you can rest assured I will at some point this year.

Please let me know what 2014 debuts top your list!
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

7 comments:

  1. I just finished Cruel Beauty days ago and unfortunately, it didn't quite meet my expectations. While it was beautiful and so very dark and cruel, it was also emotionally sterile, at least for me.
    I have Prisoner of Night and Fog and can't wait to read it. Same goes for Love Letters to the Dead. There's a letter to Kurt Cobain in there, so yeah. I'm excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! We have some books in common! I cannot wait for Stolen Songbird and A Mad, Wicked Folly!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Falconer and Cruel Beauty is absolutely fantastic! They blew me away.
    The other books sound brilliant as well!

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stolen Songbird looks really good, so I'm hoping that one lives up to my expectations. I really enjoyed both Cruel Beauty and A Mad, Wicked Folly immensely, so I'm curious to see what you make of those two. I have A Prisoner of Night and Fog left to read on my Kindle, along with Love Letters to the Dead, so they both seem promising as well. Great list, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about Stolen Songbirds..thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so crazy excited for Prisoner of Night and Fog I want to drop my entire schedule and dive into that! A Mad, Wicked Folly sounds freaking adorable and am eager to get my hands on that too! Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 and 4 are on my list already but The Falconer, Prisoner of Night and Fog, and Cruel Beauty have quickly become on my wish list too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.