January 13, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: The Finish Line

And so another Bout of Books has come to an end. 

Books read:
Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian
Parallel by Lauren Miller
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (re-read)

Total number of pages read: 1135

I didn't end up reading quite as much as I'd hoped (both in amount of books/pages read and in the amount of time I actually devoted to reading this week). It's a bit more than my normal reading week, but not by much.  What can I say except that I really dislike rushing through books, apparently. I like to savor my reading experiences.

As for the other two books I had on my original list for Bout of Books (Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira and "Poison Dance" by Livia Blackburne), I plan on getting to both of those very soon. 

Once again, I used this read-a-thon purely as a personal challenge and missed any and all community interactions. At one point I'll actually participate in those too! It's going to be a new personal goal of mine.

If you were a participant, please let me know how you fared.
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a re-read of Finnikin and I'm curious to see what you thought of Parallel and Sex & Violence. Great job, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Finnikin re-read was SO NICE. I haven't sat down and re-read a book since I started this blog, actually. I missed it. And now I'm excited to move on to Froi and Quintana!
      As for Sex & Violence: I really liked it. Parallel: not so much. haha I'll have my reviews posted in February.

      Delete
  2. I didn't get as much read as I wanted either. I always stop reading so much by the end of the week. I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah even though I technically have more time on the weekends, I never end up reading much then. Too many other things to do, I guess! Well, it's something both of us can work on, right? :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.