July 31, 2014

The Monthly Digest: July 2014

Welcome back to The Monthly Digest here at Late Nights with Good Books. With these posts I hope to recap everything reading- and blogging-related for the past month.

The Books

Favorite Read from July: 
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

Notable Quote from July: 
Maybe love was superstition, a prayer we said to keep the truth of loneliness at bay. I tilted my head back. The stars looked like they were close together, when really they were millions of miles apart. In the end, maybe love just meant longing for something impossibly bright and forever out of reach. 
Leigh Bardugo, Ruin and Rising

The Blog 
July Reviews: 
The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham 
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 

July Features: 
Top Ten Favorite Classics of the Twentieth Century by Decade 
Showcase Sunday #15 
Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From 

In My Life 
Remember that hiatus I mentioned not wanting to take in last month's The Monthly Digest? Clearly it happened anyway, much to my chagrin. 

And what exactly necessitated this hiatus? In short: my summer class. Fifteen normal weeks of schoolwork were crammed into this eight-week course. Let's just say that being sleep deprived and in a near-constant state of stress for this past month in particular did not leave me with any desire to blog. 

But my class ends tomorrow and I have nearly a month's break until my fall classes start, so hopefully that means more reading and more blogging again. Along with everything else I need to do that's been neglected for the past two months now... 

How was your July?
author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.